Obtained MBBS from faculty of medicine Colombo in 1992. Became board certified consultant
from post graduate institute of medicine Colombo in year 2000. Trained as a fellow in sports
surgery, adult reconstructive surgery, spine surgery, foot and Ankle surgery and trauma surgery
departments of Singapore General Hospital in Singapore from 2002 to 2003.
After returning to Sri Lanka, served as a consultant orthopedic surgeon in Sri Lanka in
- General Hospital Anuradhapura – From 2003 to 2009
- General Hospital Chilaw – From 2009 to 2013
- District General Hospital Gampaha – From 2013 to 2015
- North Colombo Teaching Hospital Ragama – From 2015 to 2016
Currently working as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon The National Hospital of Sri Lanka.
· Registered as a specialist at Sri Lanka medical Council
· Current President of Sri Lanka Orthopaedic Association
· Current local course chairperson in AO Alliance in Sri Lanka
· Fellow of Royal Collage of Edinburgh (2002)
· Member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
· Member of Specialty board of Orthopaedic surgery in post graduate institute of
Medicine in Sri Lanka.
· Examiner of MBBS Colombo and North Colombo medical collages Examiner MD
· Orthopedic surgery, MD General Surgery and MD Sports Medicine in Post graduate
Institute of Sri Lanka
Special interested in
Sports surgery – Shoulder arthroscopic and Knee Arthroscopic ligament Reconstructive surgery
Arthroplasty – Knee, hip and shoulder Arthroplasty, revision Arthroplasty and Oxford knee
hemi Arthroplasty. Minimally invasive spine and open spine surgery Complexed limb trauma